You may have the perfect outfit - you may be in fantastic physical shape.
But if you're having hair problems, then you just don't feel your best!
And if your hair is falling out, thinning or breaking, then you'll know it doesn't just affect your confidence... it can leave you feeling downright panicky.
For women, our hair is truly our crowning glory...
So it can come as a shock to discover how little help - or sympathy - is out there when hair loss becomes an issue.
As someone who has battled these problems for many years, I decided to create this website to fill that gap.
Here at Hair Sentinel I'll help you to:
- Discover the many causes of hair loss in women. Identify just what's causing YOUR thinning hair, hair breakage or premature balding.
- Learn how to STOP certain types of hair loss and minimize their effects.
- Find out about the wide variety of natural remedies available. Discover which vitamins can help strengthen your hair and why your diet is so important.
- Avoid wasting money on expensive 'remedies'. So many sound appealing when you're feeling vulnerable, but don't live up to their promises.
- Keep in touch with the latest news about hair repair research. Find out about products and treatments that may be effective.
- Use my easy-to-follow tips and techniques to care for your hair.
- Discover ways to make the most of the hair you have, or come to terms with permanent hair loss conditions.
- Simply become a more beautiful you!
There's no doubt that losing your hair is alarming... not to mention embarrassing!
But after reading through the articles on this site I hope you will see that you are NOT alone in this.
You have many options to explore.
Let's get working on restoring your luscious locks AND your self esteem!
Losing Hair After Surgery
Hair loss after surgery can come as a shock.
In part, that's because it's something we're rarely warned about. But it's also because it tends to happen several months after the surgery has actually taken place.
How The Lucky Iron Fish Can Help Prevent Shedding
posted in: Natural Remedies
Low iron is often connected to hair loss. The Lucky Iron Fish provides the easiest way to consume the iron you need every day.
What is Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia?
posted in: Causes
Early diagnosis is important in this condition, which causes loss from the hairline
Do Rollers Damage Your Hair?
posted in: Causes
We all know that blow-drying is bad - and using tools like curling irons or straighteners is even worse.
But what about rollers? Are they a safe way to add volume, curl, or to smooth the hair?
The Importance of Zinc
Adequate zinc levels are crucial for healthy hair growth - but are you getting enough?
Learn just WHY zinc is so important to the hair - plus see if you are at risk of zinc deficiency and what you can do to improve your intake.
Are Your Fillings Causing You to Lose Your Hair?
posted in: Causes
The possible connection between mercury amalgam fillings and thinning hair is one of the most hotly debated topics I've researched!
In fact, hair shedding is just one of a slew of health problems attributed, campaigners say, to the use of mercury in dentistry.
PCOS and Thinning Hair
Experts suggest that HALF of all women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) go undiagnosed. Yet this condition can contribute to a range of symptoms, one of the most distressing of which is thinning hair.
Female Pattern Hair Loss
Female pattern hair loss - sometimes referred to as androgenetic alopecia - is a very common condition. Whilst it mostly affects women after menopause, it can affect much younger women too.
Using a Cotton Pillowcase?
Switching to a silk or satin pillowcase is one of the simplest things you can do to benefit your hair. This article explains why!